I've been a little MIA this week. I decided to take a solo trip to Cape Cod, MA. Missed you guys but...
SO WORTH IT. I thought I'd have service but my hit or miss cell service and zero usable wifi added up to a lovely week of disconnection, writing, creating, and reading. I like to think of it as an early Mother's Day gift from the Universe.
Realizations when you are unplugged on a solo trip:
1) I'm on my cell phone a lot.
2) Holy shit, I have a lot of free time when I'm not on my phone.
3) My creativity is off the charts when I'm unplugged.
4) Alone time is soo good for the soul.
5) I can just read in a hammock, eat some megastuffed Oreos, and not shower today? What is this gift they call life?!
I wish for everyone one to create this experience for themselves, even if you don't travel all the way to MA. Take a morning to yourself. Leave your cell phone at home. Sit with a coffee in the park (Hot coffee, not that cold stuff that Christy drinks). I hope you all find some alone time, especially you Mommas out there! Even if you have to ask for help, do it! It's necessary and you're worth it. Trade off a solo day with a friend who also has kiddos. Get creative to give yourself time to reconnect with soul. It's vital to your existence.
Wishing you light, love, and Clarity,
Co-Owner of Clarity
Lifestyle Personality at Future Life
(If you don't think you'll make it to next Friday without being friends with me you can
book a soul therapy session here or connect with me on instagram.)
This week's May 11, 2018 recommendations.
1. Amazon it. A few months ago, my instagram feed began to flood with plant pics. I'm an easy sell, so of course this forced me to NEED a plant. Bonus feature: they help clear the air and the energy! My thumbs however, were not born green, and keeping plants alive has been the bane of my existence. I wanted a plant though, so the next day I went out and I got a plant! Follow your dreams. You'll be happy to know my peace lily is STILL alive, and sort of thriving. Did you know you can skip the whole standing in front of the plants section of Lowes with a blank stare part? Amazon now has a plant shop! As if I wasn't already obsessed with Amazon. Which means they will deliver plants to your doorstep in 1-2 days.
2. Read it. I'm obsessed with books. In fact, I read three just this past week! Reading wasn't really my thing for a long time. I blame one book for reuniting my literary flame, "Spirited" by famous medium, Rebecca Rosen. Spirited is the perfect intuitive/spiritual newbie book. This A down-to-earth and jam-packed read giving you everything you need to start your own connection with the spiritual world.
3. No-Bake it. In honor of Mother's Day, I wanted to go in a different direction and share my absolute favorite no-bake cheese cake recipe. My grandmother made this delicious dessert for every family gathering. Bring it to your next family event and everyone will be begging you for the easy-peasy recipe (it genuinely takes 10 minutes)! Life hack: Trade out the graham cracker crust for Oreo, you can thank me later.
4. Float with it. Envision yourself floating in body temperature water with no sensory stimulaition, detoxing in as much sea salt as the Dead Sea. Ok, that sounds intimidating. Getting into a float tank is quite the experience but one worth trying out! I joined our friends over at Body, Mind, Float in Rochester to see what it was all about. Not only is floating an incredible experience of losing time and space, you also lose the connection with your physical body, making it the most freeing experience. Floating is known to reduce anxiety, physical pain and symptoms, and in my opinion, the experience gets you just a bit closer to God. *If you are naturally claustrophobic you might consider one of their open pools instead of the tanks.
Have you joined my Rock Your Soul Facebook group yet? Meet up with like-minded friends with inspiration, discussions, pep talks, and classes.
Happy Weekend to you all!
Send us YOUR favorite recommendations to email@example.com
or DM me on instagram: @nicholeeaton.clarity