As we watch 2015 capsize like the Titanic, it’s that time of year where you sit and reflect on how awesome or not awesome things went for you. 2015 was a pretty mixed bag for me, personally. It was a ridiculous amount of change in my external world as well as my internal world. With change comes a plethora of lessons to be learned. Lucky for you, I’ve compiled a list of things that I’ve learned from it that you can take with you into your 2016.
1. Shut up and listen. At some point I stopped listening to people (don’t worry clients it’s not you) but more so people in my personal life. I’d half listen or I’d listen with the intent of responding rather than truly hearing. I’d listen half distracted by an incoming text or whatever was trending on Twitter. When you stop listening you stop connecting with people. You lose that sense of community and it gets to be a really lonely world. Take some time in 2016 to give the people you love your full attention, I promise it will pay off.
2. Practice what you preach. Don’t say it, do it. If you are not doing what you are telling your friends to do you are going to feel like a fraud. Take time to begin implementing whatever it is into your life. Action is key not to mention I’m sure whatever you are preaching is a really great idea.
3. Find things to be in awe about. If you haven’t figured out the world is a really magical place, you are behind the curve. Being a psychic medium has forced me into daily magic and powerful knowing that the Universe is hard at work. We walk around in beautifully orchestrated awesomeness that we totally take for granted. Soak in that beautiful moon at night. Take time to notice the trees. Be overwhelmed by synchronicities. Magic is at your fingertips.
4. Learn something new. As busy as I can get with life, I get bored very easily so having something new to try not only keeps me occupied but gives me a new skill set. I started to learn to bake everything from scratch. Not only have I become pretty awesome at it, but my life is overflowing with triple chocolate everything. I also took some boxing lessons, which was fun and a great way to release stress. I faced some fears, stepped out of my comfort zone, but realized that actually hitting another human makes me want to throw up. #illsaveitforthebag
5. Don’t settle for less than everything. Good news! You CAN have it all. Deciding at any point in time that what you have in front of you is good enough even if it's not everything you want is doing yourself a major disservice. Pack up the excuses, go out, and make a life worth living, you only get one.
6. You can’t put lipstick on a corpse. If something in your life is no longer working, let it go. It doesn’t matter how fancy you dress it up, what’s done is done. Some things are better off being buried.
7. Get Real. Authenticity is the new black. Being different sucks in a world hell bent on conformity. But an amazing thing happens when you stop pretending and come to peace with all the bad assery that is you.
8. Surround yourself with people who get you. Like minded people rock. They will boost you into “more” by teaching you and allowing you to be however it is you need to be. Seek them out.
9. The sequel to Magic Mike was better than the first Magic Mike. Both story lines sucked but….Channing Tatum.
10. Freedom is a state of mind. Give yourself permission to be free, to feel free. Stop pretending like there’s no way to make a change. There’s always a way, you have options. It might be difficult or a lot of work, but there’s always something. Choose freedom over complacency.
11. Slow the hell down. First off, time is a bullshit concept. Few things are important enough to warrant the stress and pressure of always feeling rushed. Decide if that’s the hill you wish to die upon.
12. The only way to figure it out is to stop trying to figure it out. Sometimes admitting defeat and not knowing the answer is the best way to actually come to an answer. When we get out of our own way and stop over analyzing everything we give permission to our higher selves and intuition to speak to us. And BOOM! You suddenly have everything you need to know.
13. Take it day by day. It’s great to have a vision of what your life is going to be but always looking to the future makes you miss a hell of a lot of things going on in the now. Work on being present in your life, in your relationships, with your kids, in your job, or wherever it is. Work on setting intentions for your day, not just autopiloting through them.
14. Be kinder than necessary. Yesterday I handed out cupcakes on the street. Ok, I know that’s weird but someone had given me a million cupcakes and although I could eat them all myself, I felt like sharing. A few people were weirded out and politely smiled as they ran away, but everyone else picked out a cupcake with a smile. Life sucks sometimes and even assholes deserve cupcakes and a bit of kindness every now and then.
15. Your year is and always will be, what you make of it. Our greatest power lies in our ability to create our world the way we want. Our thoughts rule all and our beliefs filter everything else. Choose good ones. Decide it’s going to be an amazing year, and it will be. It’s time. You deserve happiness, you deserve love, and you deserve to know just how great you are.
I am so thankful for everyone who included me in their lives this year. I am always amazed by how great the human spirit truly is. Thank you for supporting Clarity and me. Thank you for trusting me to be part of your journey. I’m wishing you all a wonderful 2016.
Posted on Thu, December 31, 2015
by Nichole Eaton filed under